Friday, July 20, 2007

Such humility and coyness over taking soft drugs

Jacqui Smith our first female Home Secretary has come out of the drugs closet and admitted to smoking cannabis while at University. Almost immediately seven other Labour M.P.s, some of them Ministers, leapt out of the closet with her and came clean.





So synchronised were the confessions,its hard to believe that our new Prime Minister has not said to all of them, "Right you lot - if you have any track record of taking dope in your youth I want you to come out and admit it. Now, while we are enjoying a honeymoon after Blair, is the best time - and we'll pull the rug from under the feet of the right wing newspapers desperate for some scandal!"

Her 'confession' was still a little coy. It consisted of 'I only smoked once or twice...I didn't really enjoy it..regret doing it' etc etc.

Wouldn't these politicians get more respect from the public and from the media if they said , "Look it was University! We were all away from home and feeling our feet..becoming young adults. So yeah I smoked every weed going and got stoned out of my head, drank far too much and screwed around like the world was going to end. Do I regret any of it? Do I hell!! Anyway when I'd got all that out of my system I knuckled down and got a degree. That's why I've got this job. What's your story?"

And I reckon their stock with the most of the media and certainly with the general public would rise astronomically!!

No comments: